We are pleased to announce that Blackboard, the University’s Virtual Learning Environment is moving to a managed hosting Software as a Service (SaaS) deployment method this August.
There are many benefits to making this change including:
- A reliable, scalable and robust infrastructure
- Improved performance, giving a better user experience.
- Zero or minimal downtime including scheduled maintenance and annual upgrades
- Ability to deliver continuous updates including new features or enhancements
- Quicker resolution of any technical issues, bug fixes, etc.
- Access to facilitate new integrations
These changes will not affect the end user experience and you don’t need to do anything with your modules and organisations – these will all be transferred centrally, however there will be a period of downtime from 8pm on Friday 9th August until midday on Monday 12th August while the transition is carried out.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any issues or questions with regard to this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.