Turnitin is our most frequently used system for assessment and is where students can submit their text-based assignments, such as, essays, reports, and presentations.
With various assessment deadlines occurring in the coming days and weeks, you may wish to refamiliarise yourself with our guide to Turnitin, and submission points within Blackboard:
Useful points to remember:
- Students can resubmit work to the submission point as many times as they like, until the due date.
- After the 3rd upload, there will be a delay of 24 hours until the similarity report is received.
- Once the due date has passed, students will be unable to resubmit again. However, if they have not made a submission until after the due date, this will appear as a late submission, highlighted in red. (We recommend using ‘allow late submissions’ as a setting.)
- Resubmissions, resits and mitigating circumstances, will require a new Turnitin submission point to be created.
- Before you begin grading, you will need to hide the Blackboard ‘Grade Center’ column from students – otherwise they will be able to access their grades as soon as they have been entered. (Instructions can be found in ‘Part 1’ of the Turnitin guide, linked above.)
- Grades and feedback are automatically released to students on the ‘Feedback Release Date’ and ‘Time’, through Turnitin.
- You may wish to share relevant student support sources, in the run up to submissions: https://uwtel.co.uk/support-resources/#studentresources
If you have any queries, feel free to contact the TEL team at: firstname.lastname@example.org