With the Covid 19 crisis preventing our usual face to face training workshops, we will instead be running a series of sessions online during June, July and August. These will be a mixture of our most popular regular workshops and sessions that will help you adapt your teaching to the brave new world of working online.
All sessions will run for an hour from 10:15 until 11:15.
- 16/06/20 – Camtasia – learn how to create video resources to support learning online
- 26/06/20 – Blackboard Made Simple – an introduction to using Blackboard, ideal for those who are new to the system
- 01/07/20 – Collaborate Virtual Classroom – discover how to run lectures, seminars and tutorials via Blackboard
- 08/07/20 – Vevox – an introduction to the university’s new online polling software
- 15/07/20 – Designing Accessible Blackboard Courses – find out how to make your modules and online resources accessible to all, including the use of the new Blackboard Ally plugin.
- 22/07/20 – Tracking student engagement in Blackboard – discover how to monitor your students’ activity in Blackboard, as well as strategies for re-engaging students and promoting active learning.
- 28/07/20 – Using quizzes, tests and surveys in Blackboard – learn how to utilise Blackboard’s extensive range of testing tools.
- 04/08/20 – Adapting Student Presentations for online assessment – this session will provide suggestions on how student presentations for assessment can be managed in an online environment.
- 11/08/2020 – Using Blackboard for Mobile and Blended learning – flipped, blended and mobile learning are now more important than ever. This session will cover how to approach online delivery.
If you are interested in attending any of these workshops, please sign up via the Staff Development Workshop pages.