In recent months Collaborate has moved from the chorus line to centre-stage as online tuition itself has gone from niche to mainstream.
By its very nature, teaching online is a very different experience for both tutor and student. One key difference that you will no doubt have noticed is that it\’s much harder for you as a tutor to see all of your students. They may switch their cameras off; even with cameras turned on, Collaborate only displays four faces at a time and, in groups larger than five members, defaults to follow the speaker mode.
A number of you have asked about obtaining a register from Collaborate. Happily, this is quite straightforward, so we thought it would be a good idea to share this advice more widely.
How to Access Reports
- Go to Virtual Classroom and locate the session you would like a report for by going to the burger menu, then Sessions.
- Hover over the session and click the circular icon to the right to bring up the Session Options Menu
- In this menu, click View Reports. This will take you to a list of all the reports associated with this session. On an open-ended session there will be a report for each time anyone logged in to the room.
- Click the View Report to bring up your register.
- Please be aware that reports do not appear immediately after a session. It can be a little while before they are accessible.
- You can export your reports to a CSV file, which can then be saved as an excel file. Alternatively, you can download in a printable format. You will see both options to the left of your report.
If you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org